Sunday, September 17, 2017



From Cougar Canyon... Well, near there, actually Trinidad, Colorado.

It's been another good day. Cool. Sunny, until after I stopped when several thunderstorms came through. I'm glad I stopped when I did. Spending the night in Trinidad.


Today was two state lines - first New Mexico - the Land of Enchantment.


And it is really true. I hate to say it to Oklahoma, but as soon as you get into New Mexico the scenery improves dramatically. The endless fields of corn and soybeans gives way to lovely meadows leading to larger and larger hills and mountains. New Mexico starts the really beautiful part of this trip. But I have to wonder about some of the citizens, at least the ones who write educational notes on their Welcome sign:


Flat earth? I hate to say it, but my senses tell me the earth is round. That whole horizon thing. Oh well, to each his own.





I took the easy route today because I was sick and tired of gravel roads... and sand. I DO LOVE my pavement. I think I am almost ready to give up on the Trans America Trail and just ride the nearest paved roads along the same route. I could do the TAT if I needed to prove something but I don't. And I finally admitted that it is just not fun for me. I vote for fun. I like cherry-picking the TAT.

I have read that the off road section from Trinidad to Salida has some of the best and prettiest riding, so I am planning to do that section. Well, if these storms this afternoon don't make the path too muddy, which I am thinking may happen. We've been getting a pretty good rain this afternoon.

While it rains, I am enjoying Sunday football.

All is well.

No comments:

Post a Comment