Friday, September 22, 2017


Same place. Hey! Even God rested.

Plus, I have my reasons:

1) It's 39 degrees outside and still cloudy and moist. Yuk! There will be a slow warming trend over the next few days here. So another day = warmer. And maybe the sun will come out. That would help a lot. Cold with sunshine is not as cold as cold without sunshine.

2) They have a guest laundry here, and I NEED to wash clothes.

3) This is a pretty good place to spend another night. It's cheap but not ratty (I've stayed in a few ratty places on this trip.) There are convenient restaurants and a Wal-Mart nearby.

4) I need to change the oil in the bike and check it over really well.

5) I'm tired. I feel like the old man that I am today. I'm just tired. I'm going to sleep... a lot. Maybe read a book.

6) Even God rested after six days of hard work.

7) I got no place I gotta be. Isn't that nice? I don't think I've ever said that before.  Of course, it has been true at times, but not very often. I always say, "Places to go; people to see!" 

But right now, I've got no sermons to prepare, no hospitals to visit, no administrative work to do. I don't even have dental appointment until December. 

Well, I do have to preach in Pikeville the first weekend of November. There's that. Maybe I'll be back by then. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment